From my Pocket – May 2015 edition
May 29, 2015
This is the first posting of “From my Pocket” series in the year 2015. And so, here are more than 5 links which have which have inspired me, made me think, made me wonder or made me laugh.
- What no means by Seth Godin – A timely, short and pithy reminder on not taking a “No” personally. Especially powerful post for someone like me who hesitates to ask because of the fear of “No”
- My not-so-basic rules for hiking with young children by Cherie Galyean – A nice post on hiking with small kids. An educational post since we are starting to do climbs and hikes along with our two-and-a-half year old
- Leonardo da Vinci’s resume by Marc Cenedella – An awesome example of marketing – just what a freelancer or tinkerer needs to do to get employed or gain followers. What is remarkable is his format’s relevance today.
- The light choice is the right choice. Don’t say yes until it feels … light. by Danielle La Porte – An awesome take on how to make choices. “The light choice is the right choice”. But not always the easiest choice to make. I must confess – though I like some of Danielle’s posts, quite often, her style of writing and delivery turn me off. I’m still trying to figure this one out.
- Freedom comes from how you live at Raptitude.com – An interesting look at why what we do everyday, what we choose to do and not do, what we give into and what we resist – these make up our freedom in our lives
- Freelancer: 10 Questions with Seth Godin Hugh McLeod at The Gaping Void with seth Godin – The title of the post says it all. The answers make you think, care you and give you hope. Like “Stress is a whole other game. Stress is wanting one thing and doing another.”
- **The complete and logical guide to winning at your own life in 19 super difficult steps by Paul Jarvis
- Leave Yourself Wanting More by Zen Habits – On what being sated and not full will teach you
- If you want to follow your dreams, you have to say no to all the alternatives by Oliver Emberton – On how and why doing the one thing only will lead you to success.
Hope you find these links meaningful.
From my pocket
Live everybody, I subscribe to quite a many blogs, read many articles online and bookmark some of them using Pocket. This once-a-month series is a list of links in the past month which have stayed with me, resonated with me or entertained me. Basically, an eclectic mix of whatever-caught-my-fancy links.